Sunday, September 28, 2014

Homemade Forever Fabric Softener Dryer Sheets!

Sticking with a similar topic, today's post is going to be about making your own fabric softener sheets, which will last virtually forever, and cost about $3, depending on your personal preferences.

All you'll need for this project is a plastic container with a lid, 2 sponges, a bottle of your favorite fabric softener, & water.

 
(I purchased each of these items at the dollar store, costing me only $3!)
  • Cut Your Sponges Lengthwise into Thirds
  • Mix Fabric Softener & Water Together in Your Plastic Container with a 1:2 Ratio (Approximately 2 Cups of Softener & 4 Cups of Water). You Can Adjust Accordingly per the Size of Your Container
  • Drop Your Sponge Strips into Your Container, so they Absorb the Mixture
  • When You're Ready to Dry a Load of Laundry, Squeeze the Excess Liquid from the Strips Back into Your Container, Leaving Them a Little Damp
  • Toss the Strips into Your Dryer, Followed by Your Wet Clothes
  • Dry Your Clothes as You Normally Would.  Once Dried, Remove Your Clothes & Throw Your Dried Sponge Strips Back into Your Plastic Container For Next Time

 Voila! You Have "Forever" Dryer Sheets! Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think this is an interesting idea, but does it stain the clothes. I often times find myself not using liquid fabric softener because it gets all over my clothes and stains them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think so, and I was a little nervous about trying it at first because of that, but I haven't had any issues with staining or discoloration at all & I've been using this method for...maybe six months or so now. I think it helps that you ring them out so that they're only damp when you throw them in there :)

    ReplyDelete