Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Extra-Easy Eyeliner

Much like our homemade Super-Simple Lip Gloss, today's Extra-Easy Eyeliner is a quick, fun project with just a couple ingredients.


(Image by Deviant Art on their website: {http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/060/5/2/lace_eyeliner_by_salemroseartistry-d5wnqe0.jpg}.)

 

To complete this project you will need:

  • Small, Round Makeup Pots or Craft Bead Containers
  • Coconut Oil
  • Activated Charcoal Capsules
  • A Small Bowl & Spoon
  • A Fine-Tipped Paint Brush or Cosmetic Brush

Makeup Pots may be a little challenging to find in local stores sold as, "makeup pots."  Luckily, I found mine at Pat Catan's craft store in a package of 12 for about $3.50 in the jewelry storage section.  You may be able to find similar bead containers at stores like Walmart with craft sections.  Additionally, stores with Travel/Trial item sections carry small, round containers with twist off lids, perfect for this project, for just $1 for 2. 


 I was a little wary of purchasing Coconut Oil, because I knew it had a history of being expensive, so I was relieved when I found a 14 oz. jar of LouAna brand at Walmart for $3.78.  Nowadays with people more health-conscious and organic-food inclined, coconut oil is pretty easy to find at most grocery stores.


 I've heard about more and more uses with Activated Charcoal lately, so I wasn't completely surprised when I saw that the recipe for this eyeliner called for it.  It has a lot of household uses, medicinal properties, and can obviously be used for DIY beauty products!  I tried to find a bottle of charcoal capsules at Walmart, since I'd seen them on their website, but to no avail.  I wound up purchasing them from the health store, GNC.  They were a little bit pricey, so if you're trying to watch your pennies and don't mind waiting a few days to receive them, I would recommend purchasing them from a less-expensive online retailer, such as Amazon.


If you have an old eyeliner brush you're interested in re-using with our homemade eyeliner, more power to you.  I opted for some new fine-tipped brushes and was pleasantly surprised to find a 10-pack of fine-tipped assorted art brushes at Walmart for $3.97.

 


 

First, spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil into your mixing bowl.


Next, twist apart 2 or 3 of your Activated Charcoal Capsules and pour their contents into your mixing bowl until the mixture has a smooth, even consistency.




Lastly, just spoon your mixture into your makeup pot or bead container & use your art or cosmetic brush for application.




Voila!  You've Made Your Own Extra-Easy Eyeliner!
Thank You & Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, I go through insane amounts of eyeliner, and I'm always down to try something new when it comes to makeup. I have pretty much everything on the list to make this except the activated charcoal, this could be a fun project to try over break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you & I hear you! I wear it everyday, so a bottle of liquid liner doesn't last me super long either. I bought mine at GNC & I believe you can find it at pharmacy retailers also.

    ReplyDelete